There are many great benefits for volunteers. Check them out here.
If you’re interested, here’s what you need to know:
- You will always be paired with another volunteer
- You will receive support and supervision throughout your placement from your team-leader
- You need to be available on a set day each week between 4:30pm – 7pm during term time (Hammersmith & Fulham projects are 3.45pm and 6.30pm)
- You should be able to commit for at least nine months, preferably a year. Before confirming your commitment, you will take part in three trial sessions
- You will attend a four-hour training workshop
- You will receive training regarding child safeguarding
- Travel expenses are covered for both training and the weekly sessions.
Please bear in mind that we’d need you to:
- Have a native (or as good as) command of English
- Be able to carry a rucksack full of books
- Agree to undergo a criminal record check at enhanced level (DBS).